Most of us seek health and wellbeing. If we have a limited understanding of what life is, these goals can often elude us. REN XUE & Yuan Qigong offer us a way to achieve these goals in a safe, sound & effective way. If you choose to walk on this path with me, you will get to experience it for yourself.
To make an online or in person appointment, email me now:
Individual sessions can be a very powerful & effective way for you to improve your life. An individual session allows me to cater to your unique situation & needs. If you would like to get a better idea of what a Qigong therapy session looks like, read on!
What can Qigong therapy help with?
Simply put Qigong therapy can help with anything.
Whether you are facing physical challenges (e.g. recovering from surgery, facing a life-threatening or chronic illness) or non-physical ones (e.g. depression, anxiety, overthinking or stress) Qigong therapy can help you.
Effectively, what does a session look like?
Many clients who have been to a counsellor say that an individual Qigong therapy session feels like a quite similar experience.
How can it be good for anything?
Qigong therapy deals with life at a very fundamental level. It takes into consideration both physical (e.g. a physical problem) and non–physical aspects of life (e.g. the thinking, beliefs and perceptions, emotions associated with this physical problem).
In other words, Qigong therapy takes into account objective & subjective reality.
Although we have spent much time understanding our objective world, most of us still know very little about the impact of our subjective reality on our life.
Yet objective reality and subjective reality do not exist separately from each other. They form an indivisible whole. This means that our thinking and our emotions, two ‘subjective’ aspects of our life, have an influence on the objective world and the physical reality we observe or experience.
We can spend most of our time unaware that the reality we experience, what we believe to be true is not reality itself but ‘our take on it’. We filter life through our senses and what our brain makes of the different stimulations experienced. Over the years, technological equipments have also dramatically improved our toolkit enabling us to expand our understanding of the world.
But can you see the illusion we can easily be under?
We tend to have very firm views of what is true yet this truth is forever developing.
On a developmental continuum what is true can only be true for a very short moment in time.
This means that what we hold to be “the truth” or “objective reality” is only ever subjective.
In our attempt to understand reality in what we believe to be a purely objective way, we have also forgotten to take into consideration half of the equation.
As long as we continue to base our understanding of reality on the world outside of ourselves without any consideration for the way in which our thinking affects it our understanding of truth or reality will remain incomplete.
Every man-made object in this world came from non-physical thought. At a time where we have literally changed the face of the world, can we really say that our thinking has no influence on our life? And what about the state of our health?
In REN XUE it is understood that our consciousness is the master of our life. If we want to address problems it is essential that we learn to address them at the root level, the level of our consciousness.
So helping you understand your life and the changes you can make to it is an important part of a Qigong therapy session.
If it is so effective, how come I haven’t heard about it yet?
There are many reasons why you haven’t heard about it so I am only going to name a few obvious ones:
- As Qigong originally comes from China, Qigong therapy is still very new in the West.
- Qigong takes its roots in a different health paradigm than the one we have grown accustomed to. Faced with something new, foreign and different from what we are used to, our initial reaction can often be to reject and invalidate.
- The underlying principle of Chinese Medicine and Qigong is that life has the ability to be healthy and well for a long time. Yet, to last well our body and our life are subject to the same principles of maintenance as other physical objects. In other words our own life requires us to be willing to put some care into it. This concept is still needing to gain some popularity. For many this is neither a reality nor something really appealing.
- Our understanding of life is still in its early stages. For example think of your body. If you feel powerless in your ability to make changes to your life you are naturally going to look for solutions outside of yourself. But what if there were keys inside of yourself as well?
- We seek simplicity and tend to be eager for quick results.
- Qigong therapy is not a quick fix. Understanding the ‘laws of life’, the effectiveness of adopting an internal approach in dealing with our life and addressing the imbalances that we have created at the root level (the level of our consciousness) tends to take time & energy. When we have experienced deep seated discomfort, pain & imbalances for months or years it is likely that we have become so used to theses imbalances that they have become a normal part of our life. We are not even aware of them. When we become aware of the need to make some changes, turning things around is rarely an overnight process.
- We seek the “miracle solution”.
- The direction of the activities of the consciousness is mostly external so we tend to look for answers outside of ourselves.
- Our way of dealing with life is often patchy. We might try lots of different things without ever fully focusing on any particular one. Think about how quickly you would learn and master another language if you kept trying to learn a different one every month.
What’s actually involved in a Qigong therapy session and what do I do?
My role is to create a space where you can feel safe to be yourself, feel heard and empowered.
I actively listen to you with an open heart. If this sounds like a ridiculous or overrated statement the best thing to do is to come and experience it for yourself. Then make your mind up about what exactly this means to you.
As I am here to help you I first need to find who you are. If you are not comfortable talking, you can relax: I will have simple questions for you to answer. If you would rather know a little bit more about me and have questions you would like to ask first we can start with those, too.
I will also take time to explain in more details the REN XUE framework.
I will then teach you to “take action” and actively empower yourself. Depending on what you are comfortable with & what I decide is the most appropriate course of action, we might continue to have a normal talk, I might guide you in a way which is similar to a hypnotherapy or a meditation session or I might show you some Qigong movements. The Qigong methods are some of the therapeutic tools I use but we might not even practice any Qigong methods as such.
Last but not least, I will give you an opportunity to offer feedback. You can be truly yourself so please feel free to be honest about the session. Your ability to share openly means I can continue to learn & grow in my practice and as an individual. Even if you believe that it doesn’t help you it might help others.
Please note that for the session to be as effective as possible we both have an important part to play. My own state and congruence between what I say & teach and my own experience are of utmost importance and are at the core of my practice.
Your openness to me and the therapy will also greatly enhance the effectiveness of the session.
Please note that I am not a trained counsellor and my certification is with the Yuan Tze centre as a Qigong teacher and a REN XUE therapist.